Ah, ah, ah, ah, stayin' alive...
Yup, still here.
Lately Kent and I have been walking or riding our bikes everywhere. We bike to work (or the bus stop for Kent), the Fairway, our bank, the post office, grandma's house and church. Last month we only filled our car up once! Our goal is to stretch this tank out for 2 months...but we'll see depending on the weather. We figure the benefits are numerous: not only are we minimizing our carbon footprint (we love caring for the earth God created), but we are enjoying the great outdoors whilst getting exersize and having fun! I love biking and forgot how much I loved it growing up until recently. It's also fun running into 4 people you know on the way to breakfast with grandma on Saturday morning and chatting with them (one fun thing about living in a small town). :)
Thankfully it has been sunny and in the 80's for the past week. It has helped my spirits stay high. Fall is creeping in, though, and I find myself missing Michigan in the Fall. The Fall was always my favorite season - especially in October...the trees are all changing to very vibrant yellows, reds and oranges...It makes me think of South Christian football, pep band, hot chocolate, pumpkin carving and hay rides.
School has been going great (second time around is SO much better!)! I am more able to just sit back and enjoy my students and the subject I teach instead of worrying about the next assignments, etc. I had a great 1st year, but 2nd year is just not comparable.
Tomorrow I'll be going down to Tacoma with my friend Laura to see the top 10 dancers from So You Think You Can Dance from this past season! I'm SO excited! :) I haven't been feeling all that great the last few days, so I hope to get a good night's sleep in order to completely enjoy myself tomorrow.
Lately Kent and I have been walking or riding our bikes everywhere. We bike to work (or the bus stop for Kent), the Fairway, our bank, the post office, grandma's house and church. Last month we only filled our car up once! Our goal is to stretch this tank out for 2 months...but we'll see depending on the weather. We figure the benefits are numerous: not only are we minimizing our carbon footprint (we love caring for the earth God created), but we are enjoying the great outdoors whilst getting exersize and having fun! I love biking and forgot how much I loved it growing up until recently. It's also fun running into 4 people you know on the way to breakfast with grandma on Saturday morning and chatting with them (one fun thing about living in a small town). :)
Thankfully it has been sunny and in the 80's for the past week. It has helped my spirits stay high. Fall is creeping in, though, and I find myself missing Michigan in the Fall. The Fall was always my favorite season - especially in October...the trees are all changing to very vibrant yellows, reds and oranges...It makes me think of South Christian football, pep band, hot chocolate, pumpkin carving and hay rides.
School has been going great (second time around is SO much better!)! I am more able to just sit back and enjoy my students and the subject I teach instead of worrying about the next assignments, etc. I had a great 1st year, but 2nd year is just not comparable.
Tomorrow I'll be going down to Tacoma with my friend Laura to see the top 10 dancers from So You Think You Can Dance from this past season! I'm SO excited! :) I haven't been feeling all that great the last few days, so I hope to get a good night's sleep in order to completely enjoy myself tomorrow.

JEALOUS!
I was SO hooked on the show so you think you can dance last summer. I tried to convince Juice that it would be fabulous to go see them, but sadly he wasn't sold. Make sure you post a recap on that outing!!
And for the record-I so agree--I too had a good first year, but 2nd year is amazingly different in a good way.
-Becky
» Post a Comment