<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/29218081?origin\x3dhttp://shellbell-ahora.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

ahora

attempting to slow down and take in a bit more of my life and what's going on around me
 

Out of my hands

You know those situations over which you have no control what-so-ever? There are so many instances when I feel like this, but even more so when someone I love is traveling long distances and all I can do is pray for his or her safety (don't get me wrong, I realize that prayer is way more powerful than many realize and that coming before the throne of Grace is one of the best things a person can do). I try to "not be anxious about anything" (Phil 4:6), but the human nature part of me often can't help but be a little on edge.

But this morning I was gently reminded that Someone else is in complete control over every aspect of my life and over every aspect of creation...

1 I lift up my eyes to the hills-- where does my help come from? 2 My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. 3 He will not let your foot slip-- he who watches over you will not slumber; 4 indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. 5 The Lord watches over you-- the Lord is your shade at your right hand; 6 the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. 7 The Lord will keep you from all harm-- he will watch over your life; 8 the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.
~Psalm 121~

As annoying as it can sometimes be to not be in control, I more frequently find myself thanking God that I am not! And then, when those I love arrive safely back home, I can breathe a breath of relief and truly say, "Thanks be to God!"
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment
 
   





© 2006 ahora | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly