A Rude Awakening
"Fun" story...
So, not only did we have to get up extra early this morning in order to leave with Howard at 6:30am to go to a Tertulia (or like a discussion - we are glad we went), but for some reason the "widow maker" / coil-thing-that-connects-to-the-shower-head-to-make-our-water-warm-for-showers thing decided not to work this morning (which, I have to admit, we are VERY blessed to have in the first place - these are not too common around here) allowing us the "pleasure" of having some of the coldest showers in our lives...AND, this is the best part - Mom, you will laugh because you will be able to envision how I acted in this moment - a HUGE black hairy spider decided to "grace" me with his presence on the inside of the shower curtain. I got out of the shower ASAP and "calmly" asked Kent to "Ohhh, oooooh! HUGE spider! Kill it! Kill it NOW!" He proceeded to hit the safe side of the curtain with his hand until it flew onto the floor of the shower and then smacked it good with his sandal. Its existence was promptly ended without a shred of compassion on my part. Needless to say, I mentally woke up much quicker this morning than ever before.
I still shudder when I think about it...ugh...
So, not only did we have to get up extra early this morning in order to leave with Howard at 6:30am to go to a Tertulia (or like a discussion - we are glad we went), but for some reason the "widow maker" / coil-thing-that-connects-to-the-shower-head-to-make-our-water-warm-for-showers thing decided not to work this morning (which, I have to admit, we are VERY blessed to have in the first place - these are not too common around here) allowing us the "pleasure" of having some of the coldest showers in our lives...AND, this is the best part - Mom, you will laugh because you will be able to envision how I acted in this moment - a HUGE black hairy spider decided to "grace" me with his presence on the inside of the shower curtain. I got out of the shower ASAP and "calmly" asked Kent to "Ohhh, oooooh! HUGE spider! Kill it! Kill it NOW!" He proceeded to hit the safe side of the curtain with his hand until it flew onto the floor of the shower and then smacked it good with his sandal. Its existence was promptly ended without a shred of compassion on my part. Needless to say, I mentally woke up much quicker this morning than ever before.
I still shudder when I think about it...ugh...

LOL.....I hate to laugh but I just can't help it. Sounds like something I would do.....and it reminds me a little bit about Lia too....funny how scared we are of such a little creature that takes literaly...(if spelled wrong I apologize) 2 seconds to terminate!
I know! There's just something about the sneaky/sly/devious/of-the-devil (I believe spiders came as a result of the Fall ;) way they move around...and then the hairiness...ooh, it gives me shudders!!
LOL...you crack me up!
» Post a Comment