The Gift that Keeps on Giving
So I learned this week that apple slicers are extraordinarily effective.Lately, Kent and I have really enjoyed buying spinach leaves to make a salad using crushed up walnuts, fetta cheeze, and sliced apple pieces (pears are also yummy...). When we registered for our wedding, I registered for an apple slicer - it's effective, it saves just a few more minutes of preparation, and it eliminates the worry that someone might slice open a finger with a knife. It's a great gift!
The other night, I was in charge of preparing the salads to go along with our spaghetti. I had sliced the apple successfully, and the next step was to take the core out of the center and clean it. I like to push the core through from the bottom - it seems to work the easiest for me. However, as I pushed the core through, I ended up slicing the side of my thum pretty good. I said a few choice words because of the pain and then proceeded to rinse it with water and search for a band-aid to stop the bleeding. I couldn't find one. I put Neosporin on, rummaged up one band-aid from a random drawer, and ended up going to the store that night to buy peroxide and a box of band-aids.
I think next time I'll make the spaghetti while Kent slices the apples.

OUCH!
Which if you say really slowly really is Oh S***!
Or Oh S***! Said really fast = OUCH!
Exactly.
» Post a Comment