<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/29218081?origin\x3dhttp://shellbell-ahora.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

ahora

attempting to slow down and take in a bit more of my life and what's going on around me
 

Vitamin D Deficiency

So apparently I have a Vitamin D deficiency due to lack of sun exposure. I went to the doctor (my first time at a new doctor's clinic since moving) and was told I had to get some labs done to check on a few things (normal procedure, not because anything was suspicious). When my labs came back, I got a call saying my VD levels were down. A good VD level is supposed to be in the 60's and mine is in the low 30's - still, I was told, in a good range, but on the very low end of it. Now I have to take supplements.

I don't know about you, but being in my low 20's and having to take supplements already makes me feel old. It's really not that big of a deal. It's more humorous than anything to me. Washington is a state that gets rain for its fall, winter and spring seasons - rain, rain and more rain along with dreary, sunless skies. I had a difficult winter this past year because all that rain made me feel depressed and tired...now I know part of the reason why!

When I came back to WA after being in MI for a few weeks this past summer, I vowed that I would be more positive about living here and not so negative because I really do enjoy living here. It feels more and more home-ish the longer we're here. But, I have to be honest, I know that MI isn't perfect....but I really really (in jest, of course) want to play this VD deficiency card for as long as I can to those who claim that WA is the best place on earth. :)
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 6:52 AM, Blogger Sonny Huisman said...

That is hilarious . . . I mean not that you're deficient, but that you're deficient BECAUSE of lack of sunlight! You're going to have to get one of those sun lamps in your house. OH, and this can be your excuse to HAVE to go tanning all winter long.

At least you know PRIOR to going into a long dark winter so you can fix it.

I love you.

Happy tanning!    



» Post a Comment
 
   





© 2006 ahora | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly