<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/29218081?origin\x3dhttp://shellbell-ahora.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

ahora

attempting to slow down and take in a bit more of my life and what's going on around me
 

Farewell, 2008!


2008 was a good year. Compared to last year when Kent and I went through about 5 major transitions (i.e. me graduating college, us getting married, interning for 6 weeks in Guatemala, moving across the country, me starting my teaching career, Kent transferring to a different seminary, etc)...this year seems almost boring. I mean that in a good way.


A few highlights from 2008:
- January: we start up again with leading worship at our church
- March: Kent gets his job (a huge blessing!)
- June: we go to the Oregon Coast with Kent's immediate family
- June/July: I spend 3 weeks in MI w/ my fam (Kent was there for a weekend for a friend's wedding)
- July: I return to Guatemala for 10 days with our church!!!
- August: I begin my 2nd year as a Spanish teacher and my 1st as the Spiritual Life Team mentor
- November: we visit my family in MI for Thanksgiving & Helen - a friend from England - comes to spend Thanksgiving with our family, too!
- December: my mom visits us for Christmas

A good year filled with many blessings. God is good. I look forward to seeing God's faithfulness to us and the many ways in which we will grow in 2009!

May you all have a blessed new year!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 8:51 AM, Blogger Sonny Huisman said...

Remember:

Boring = good
Drama = bad

Boring = good
Drama = bad

I wish for the boring-est 2009 EVER!

Hip hip hooray for boring!    



At 9:41 PM, Blogger LCHS 2013 said...

Quite true, quite true. And I did mean boring in a good way.

I hope you have a REALLY boring 2009! :) You deserve that for a change!    



» Post a Comment
 
   





© 2006 ahora | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly