Update
Sorry for the absence of posts. This past month has been a roller coaster.
The economy has finally hit home.
My job is being affected by the economic downturn (thankfully, not eliminated). I will post more details later, but would appreciate any prayers for myself and others - including some close friends - who are being affected by this uncertain time. This has been an emotionally draining experience for various reasons, but ultimately I know that God is sovereign and, even with being affected financially, we are still wealthy in terms of the majority of the world - we are incredibly blessed! I know that God holds the future in the palm of his hands and that, if he has the power to save us from our sins, the economy "ain't got nothin'" on God. It is still difficult, though.
I, along with most other people, got quite sick - a respiratory flu (at least that's how I describe it): fever, coughing (i.e. hacking up my lungs), headache, etc, etc, etc. I was basically out of commission for a solid week - completely horizontal on my couch with a cold compress over my eyes and forehead - yet the darn thing has hung on and I still have some side effects from it. No fun.
And finally, Kent and I have decided to make the move from the house we are renting to a local apartment complex. We have absolutely loved living in this house, but when our landlords come back for the summer, it is really inconvenient to pack up, move out for a month and a half, and then pack up again and move back in. It worked for us this last time, but we are ready to have something a little more permanent out of which we don't have to move every summer.
Because we are moving, we actually have to buy furniture (our current place is fully furnished - hence one of the major benefits of dealing with a summer of inconvenience). We have looked around online for a while and, this past weekend, spent a whole Saturday driving from place to place, writing down the prices and item #s and, finally deciding on a mattress and a couch - YAY! We own furniture! :) Now we will slowly add to our personal belongings throughout the rest of the year, but we are excited about having some of our own stuff for the first time since we got married. :) Here's a picture of our new couch (we got a great deal on it!).

I have mid-winter break for the rest of the week (i.e. girls basketball State finals break) so I have LOTS to do: cleaning, packing and moving into our own apartment! Something positive to look forward to for a change.
The economy has finally hit home.
My job is being affected by the economic downturn (thankfully, not eliminated). I will post more details later, but would appreciate any prayers for myself and others - including some close friends - who are being affected by this uncertain time. This has been an emotionally draining experience for various reasons, but ultimately I know that God is sovereign and, even with being affected financially, we are still wealthy in terms of the majority of the world - we are incredibly blessed! I know that God holds the future in the palm of his hands and that, if he has the power to save us from our sins, the economy "ain't got nothin'" on God. It is still difficult, though.
I, along with most other people, got quite sick - a respiratory flu (at least that's how I describe it): fever, coughing (i.e. hacking up my lungs), headache, etc, etc, etc. I was basically out of commission for a solid week - completely horizontal on my couch with a cold compress over my eyes and forehead - yet the darn thing has hung on and I still have some side effects from it. No fun.
And finally, Kent and I have decided to make the move from the house we are renting to a local apartment complex. We have absolutely loved living in this house, but when our landlords come back for the summer, it is really inconvenient to pack up, move out for a month and a half, and then pack up again and move back in. It worked for us this last time, but we are ready to have something a little more permanent out of which we don't have to move every summer.
Because we are moving, we actually have to buy furniture (our current place is fully furnished - hence one of the major benefits of dealing with a summer of inconvenience). We have looked around online for a while and, this past weekend, spent a whole Saturday driving from place to place, writing down the prices and item #s and, finally deciding on a mattress and a couch - YAY! We own furniture! :) Now we will slowly add to our personal belongings throughout the rest of the year, but we are excited about having some of our own stuff for the first time since we got married. :) Here's a picture of our new couch (we got a great deal on it!).
I have mid-winter break for the rest of the week (i.e. girls basketball State finals break) so I have LOTS to do: cleaning, packing and moving into our own apartment! Something positive to look forward to for a change.

Oh boy! Movie nights at Kent and Shelly's!
Come on over! (Although we need to buy a TV first...small detail.)
:)
» Post a Comment