LONDON, BABY!
We made it.After spending about 5 hours in the Seattle airport, 3 hours in route from Seattle to Minneapolis, a 2 hour layover and another 8 hours from Minneapolis to London...we finally made it. We are, as the British would say, "shattered." We are simply exhausted. Kent slept quite a bit on the second plane. I, a little. We had complementary wine on the flight - nice when you're anticipating 8 hours in one seat...
Once in London, we took the Tube for about an hour until we got to within a block of our hotel.
Our hotel (a B&B) is small, but clean. Regina, the young lady at the front desk, is very nice and helpful.
We are going to do our best to stay awake until we get within the normal hours for sleeping here (FYI: right now it is 9:00am Seattle time...and it is 5:00pm London time). Tomorrow will probably be an easy day to ease us into our new surroundings.
Cheers!
p.s. British accents coming from the mouths of little people...just about the cutest thing... "Daday, whut ah you doang?" (Translation: Daddy, what are you doing?).

Hi, guys! What a trip you've had! I can't imagine such a time difference, but I think you have a good plan to adjust to it. I hope your sleep is sweet and deep, and will be praying for good health and stamina for you to enjoy each day. Thanks for the update :) Love & blessings, Mom
Lots o' nice Regina's working at the front desk these days.
» Post a Comment