<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/29218081?origin\x3dhttp://shellbell-ahora.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

ahora

attempting to slow down and take in a bit more of my life and what's going on around me
 

More Waiting

My mom had a doctors appointment today (and one yesterday and one tomorrow). From what I understand, they are currently testing the lump that they removed last week in order to figure out the best way to treat my mom. Since they found (during surgery) that the cancer was beginning to go into her chest muscle, it became a high probability that she would need to have either radiation or chemo - a huge bummer. Well, it looks like they are leaning towards some type of chemo. I was quite surprised when mom told me that...but I guess that there is around a 20% chance that the cancer could return later in her life - but in a not-so-good location - so, if they do chemo now, there is a much lower chance of the cancer returning. That is a positive.

Obviously our family (including my mom) wants the best for my mom - we want her to have the best success against this horrible disease as possible. If that means chemo...then ok. Yet, it is still difficult to take in, especially when this option wasn't even originally in our radar.

Pray for my mom as she continues in the healing process.
Pray for our whole family as we wait to hear the results of the tests (including me...not only waiting to hear the news, but from a distance of over 2,000 miles).
Pray for wisdom and discernment for the doctors that they will make the best decision on behalf of my mom and her health.

God is in control. We rest in that knowledge.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment
 
   





© 2006 ahora | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly