London - Day 5
Tower of London - place of death and torture.
Just gives you warm fuzzies, doesn't it? Kent wondered if, similarly, thousands would come to see Guantanamo in a couple hundred years...
Part of a memorial on Tower grounds that commemorates a handful of individuals who were killed at the actual tower (a privilege at the time versus being killed on Tower Hill outside of the grounds)
View of St. Paul's
Just gives you warm fuzzies, doesn't it? Kent wondered if, similarly, thousands would come to see Guantanamo in a couple hundred years...
The day was long but good. We saw the crown jewels (the most brilliant jewels you will ever see) & took a comical Beefeater tour at the Tower, walked around an exhibit of Henry VIII and then decided to get something to eat.
We ended up at another local pub and walked up the stairs to what they called its 'Opera Room' - a bar with lots of lounge chairs and couches. You figure out what you want to eat and then you go up to the bar and order and they bring you your food. I had the most amazing mac & cheese I've ever tasted. And, in general, London has amazing beer. I'm not a big beer person, but I did like the beer there - it's really smooth, a bit warmer than what they have in the US, but much tastier.
After our meal, we ended up at the Tate Modern - a museum which holds many many paintings that have been painted in the last 50-ish years. Some of my favorites were paintings by Picasso and DalĂ. There was one painting that was inspired by the weather in Seattle - the entire painting was gray. :) The whole experience was quite interesting, but we were so tired that we only saw one of three floors there.
We ended up at another local pub and walked up the stairs to what they called its 'Opera Room' - a bar with lots of lounge chairs and couches. You figure out what you want to eat and then you go up to the bar and order and they bring you your food. I had the most amazing mac & cheese I've ever tasted. And, in general, London has amazing beer. I'm not a big beer person, but I did like the beer there - it's really smooth, a bit warmer than what they have in the US, but much tastier.
After our meal, we ended up at the Tate Modern - a museum which holds many many paintings that have been painted in the last 50-ish years. Some of my favorites were paintings by Picasso and DalĂ. There was one painting that was inspired by the weather in Seattle - the entire painting was gray. :) The whole experience was quite interesting, but we were so tired that we only saw one of three floors there.

» Post a Comment