<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/29218081?origin\x3dhttp://shellbell-ahora.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

ahora

attempting to slow down and take in a bit more of my life and what's going on around me
 

Story-Telling

I hope to begin telling the stories of some of the people I met this past week as I begin to mentally, emotionally and spiritually unpack the things I was exposed to. I met a number of new people this past week - people who, to most of the world, don't have a face or a name...but they do to me and their stories need to be told.

There are also people I saw again who I met two years ago when Kent and I went for the first time and spent six weeks there. It was such a blessing to see them again. Every time I go to Guatemala, I keep thinking, "I wish my family and friends - EVERYONE - could meet these people and hear their stories!" I can tell them, but talking with them face-to-face in their homeland is a 'whole nother' story.

Thankfully there is a team of professionals who are beginning to tell these people's stories: Tita and Shorty and Dick Rutgers...amazing people who sacrifice daily to bring hope to the dark places in Guatemala. This team is called Athentikos - Greek for "Authentic". Go to their website and check them out: www.athentikos.com or visit their blog here.

And PLEASE CLICK HERE AND WATCH THIS TRAILER. Athentikos is putting out a documentary/movie out called "Athentikos: Guatemala" about these very people (Tita, Shorty, Dick...) and their stories - authentic leaders in Guatemala who are bringing about change and hope to their country. Shorty is the guy who does most of the talking in this trailer. He is an ex-gang member who has begun a rehab center for other ex-gang members & ex-drug dealers. He is an amazing man doing amazing things in Guatemala. I was so glad to see him and Tita again this past week - to see Dick and his ministry again...I love these people and wish you all knew them. It is exciting to see their stories being told!

I can't wait to have this movie in my home.

More importantly, I can't wait for you to hear their stories....
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment
 
   





© 2006 ahora | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly