<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/29218081?origin\x3dhttp://shellbell-ahora.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

ahora

attempting to slow down and take in a bit more of my life and what's going on around me
 

3 Years Ago Today

3 years ago today, Kent and I went on our first date.

He actually called me on Valentine's Day to ask me out for that Friday...that didn't work for me for some reason, so we ended up going out that Saturday. I was SOO excited that he had called me (just ask any of my girlfriends that were in my dorm the night he called). However, I knew that no matter how interested I was in him, he wouldn't be right for me if God has something else in mind. Therefore, before our date, I remember praying that God would make it really clear if this was a relationship worth pursuing. I didn't want to date just to date. So I thought of a few really important questions that I knew I needed him to answer in order to keep pursuing this relationship...

He picked me up at my dorm - Bennink Hall - took me to Starbucks in East Grand Rapids where we chatted about nothing and everything. As we talked, the way he answered questions and the things he valued were either what I was hoping for or way better - that made me giddy and excited for a potentially long relationship (I remember trying to cover my giddy smile so I wouldn't look like a fool who couldn't stop smiling on our first date). We drove back to my dorm parking lot and continued talking until I needed to use the facilities. He walked me to my dorm and then asked if I wanted to go for a walk - my first Calvin walk! Since it was February, it was really cold and snowy. We walked all around campus and talked more about our families and interests. I remember we laughed a lot.

After our walk, he asked if he could call me the next day. Of course I said yes, but inside wondered if he would be a man of his word and actually call...he did, and the rest is history.

I am so blessed to be married to my wonderful husband, Kent. We've only been married for 8 months, but God couldn't have placed me with a better person to complement my strengths and weaknesses and to just do life with.

I love you, Kent. Happy Anniversary. :)
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment
 
   





© 2006 ahora | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly