<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/29218081?origin\x3dhttp://shellbell-ahora.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

ahora

attempting to slow down and take in a bit more of my life and what's going on around me
 

In a Slump

Maybe it's because of the changing weather or maybe it's because of my vitamin D deficiency...but I've been in a little slump lately. I am missing my family back in Michigan and some of my Calvin friends who are now all over the country, it seems. I am ready to see them again, and soon. There are times when I feel like I am missing out on so much...
I need a little boost.

Here are some pictures from this past summer's trip to Michigan that I never posted but would like to share now. They make me smile. :)

Precious little Blakers...who, I hear, is now walking.


Jared...what a stud.
...yet a little crazy, too...ah, well...runs in the family! :)

Chad, me and Sonny - "Brothers (and sisters) don't shake hands, brothers (and sisters) gotta hug!"

My mom and Faith...


Bella Bo...


My forever puppy, Shadow...
I really miss being able to hang out with my family...the chats, the Sunday dinners, the crazy kids that make us laugh so hard and make us frustrated by their ongoing sibling and cousin rivalries...the conversations around the dinner table that I love so much just listening to and laughing at the crazy antics of my family...my family brings me so much joy. I miss them and can't wait to see them for Thanksgiving!

Besides my family, I also visited Calvin and some of my friends from Calvin who were still in the area. And, yes, I did visit my old WA office - I still miss it!

My friend, Laura...

My friend, Bethany...

And beside Calvin friends, I had the blessing of meeting up with some of my high school friends that I haven't seen in ages! This is Alexa and her husband Josh...

My friend, Julie...

Me, Lex and Julie used to hang out all the time in high school with a couple other girls, so it was AWESOME to sit down with each of them and catch up about what is going on in their lives and in the lives of the other girls we used to hang out with. Even if we don't hang out much anymore (mainly due to cross-country distance) or have frequent contact with each other, these girls will forever be very special friends to me.

As you probably can tell from some of my recent posts, there have been lots of sad and difficult things going on lately that remind me just how precious life is...how precious our family members and friends are and the relationships we have with them. These people (and my puppy) are all so very precious to me and I hope to see them again soon.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 7:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Shelly,
We miss you, too. The pictures you posted are wonderful! I was looking at a map of the USA and seeing how far WA is from MI - a looong ways :( We all look forward to you guys' visit next month. Your smile lights up the world! Just know that you are deeply missed and truly loved.
Love, Mom    



» Post a Comment
 
   





© 2006 ahora | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly