Lick it, Stick it, Stamp it, Send it
OR...you could do what I did today.
I went to the post office mail drop off to put in a couple cards. As soon as the cards left my hand, I realized that one of them I had forgotten to seal shut...AND, what's worse, I had completely forgotten to write anything in it! (How stupid can I be?!...apparently quite).
I said a choice word. Contemplated for a minute what I should do, then angrily drove around to the other side of the post office to park. I entered the post office, sheepishly approached the counter and told a gentleman what I had done. I asked if there was any way that I could get it back before it got picked up and sent out. He asked what it looked like. "Yellow with Dora the Explorer on the front." The wonderful man went out back and retrieved the card. I proceeded to write in the card AND lick it shut.
I will never do that again!
I went to the post office mail drop off to put in a couple cards. As soon as the cards left my hand, I realized that one of them I had forgotten to seal shut...AND, what's worse, I had completely forgotten to write anything in it! (How stupid can I be?!...apparently quite).
I said a choice word. Contemplated for a minute what I should do, then angrily drove around to the other side of the post office to park. I entered the post office, sheepishly approached the counter and told a gentleman what I had done. I asked if there was any way that I could get it back before it got picked up and sent out. He asked what it looked like. "Yellow with Dora the Explorer on the front." The wonderful man went out back and retrieved the card. I proceeded to write in the card AND lick it shut.
I will never do that again!

We all have moments like that...mine are getting all too frequent for my liking! Thanks for the chuckle! Denise P
Someone asked me if I was pregnant when I told them that story...not yet.
Glad I could make you chuckle. :)
Congratulations on your precious baby girl, btw! I can't wait to see her! How are you doing?
» Post a Comment