<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://draft.blogger.com/navbar/29218081?origin\x3dhttp://shellbell-ahora.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

ahora

attempting to slow down and take in a bit more of my life and what's going on around me
 

Unexpected Blessings before 8:30am

This morning I got to school for my way-too-early weekly 6:30am meeting with the SLT (Spiritual Life Team). Before I even got to school I had a bad attitude. I was tired, grumpy that a handful of the team was late...again...unhappy that, again, I didn't have any time to relax and recuperate over the weekend because we spent the whole weekend (and last weekend) packing, cleaning, moving, unpacking and organizing.... The student who was in charge of devotions spoke about having peace amidst times of uncertainty and business. Every one of us in the room could related all-too-well with his devotions. Thank you, Holy Spirit. I needed that....

Our team ended up having a great meeting. I was thankful. I left for another weekly meeting (staff devotions & announcements) in the library. Our staff devotions were about stepping out of the boat (like Peter) amidst the stormy & uncertain times of our lives and trusting in God. "What is your boat?" we were all asked. A good thing to ponder...thanks again, Holy Spirit. You know what I need today and every day.

When I left the library (from our meeting), a student was awaiting me with a raspberry mocha from Woods - my most favorite coffee drink! "Happy Birthday yesterday" she said. My heart filled with gratitude. I thanked her from the bottom of my heart. Wow...what a blessing!

Next, I walk into my room to finish up the last-minute details for the day until 1st hour started. Something cought my eye. I looked at my marker board, and I saw this:
My heart filled up again. Lord, you are good. I needed this encouragement this morning!
I love my students (aren't they great?!). I love being a teacher. This is only one small reason why. :)
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment
 
   





© 2006 ahora | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly