<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/29218081?origin\x3dhttp://shellbell-ahora.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

ahora

attempting to slow down and take in a bit more of my life and what's going on around me
 

iBirthday

On March 17, my niece, Bella, turned 4 years old. In Michigan.

Thankfully, due to a beautiful invention called iChat, I was able to participate in her birthday party. I got to watch Bella (and her big sister, Faith) break open the piƱata she had made. I watched as Bella blew out her candles and even as she opened presents. It was such a blessing to be able to see the expressions on her face and to hear her squeals of joy as she opened up her gifts. However, I couldn't help feeling sad that I couldn't be there in person - I couldn't hug her or squeeze her...I couldn't give her a kiss on the forehead or give her her birthday card in person...I couldn't goof around with her and Faith.... Technology is a blessing, but it sure doesn't make up for the lack of hugs, the loving touches or the face-to-face conversations...I miss my family. My heart hurts.

Here are some pictures from Bella's iBirthday party:
Me watching Bella open her presents.


Opening Madagascar 2 (I hear that I gotta see this).

Bella Boo and her mommy with her princess birthday cake. :)
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment
 
   





© 2006 ahora | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly