Shock: March 19, 2009
Biopsy. No...not my mom...
Yes...biopsy on Tuesday. Silence. Shock.
I don't know what to say. There are no words. The one thing that keeps playing through my head are these lyrics:
"You are God alone. From before time began, you were on your throne. You are God alone.
And right now, in the good times and bad, you are on your throne. You are God alone."
("You Are God Alone" by Phillips, Craig & Dean)
I cling to these words.
Biopsies scare me. Biopsies mean the C word...and I've known way too many people who have battled that disease: My grandma. My other grandma. My aunt. My brother-in-law. My friend. A 5-year-old boy from my church. A baby less than a year old. The list continues. There have been some amazing outcomes. There have been some heart-wrenching outcomes.
I sit and I wait. I can't do anything right now because I don't know any more information than the above. So I wait. I pray. I hope. I do my best to not let my mind wander from point A to point Z. It's difficult.
So I sit and I pray. And I let these words play over and over again in my mind:
"You are God alone. From before time began, you were on your throne. You are God alone.
And right now, in the good times and bad, you are on your throne. You are God alone."
Yes...biopsy on Tuesday. Silence. Shock.
I don't know what to say. There are no words. The one thing that keeps playing through my head are these lyrics:
"You are God alone. From before time began, you were on your throne. You are God alone.
And right now, in the good times and bad, you are on your throne. You are God alone."
("You Are God Alone" by Phillips, Craig & Dean)
I cling to these words.
Biopsies scare me. Biopsies mean the C word...and I've known way too many people who have battled that disease: My grandma. My other grandma. My aunt. My brother-in-law. My friend. A 5-year-old boy from my church. A baby less than a year old. The list continues. There have been some amazing outcomes. There have been some heart-wrenching outcomes.
I sit and I wait. I can't do anything right now because I don't know any more information than the above. So I wait. I pray. I hope. I do my best to not let my mind wander from point A to point Z. It's difficult.
So I sit and I pray. And I let these words play over and over again in my mind:
"You are God alone. From before time began, you were on your throne. You are God alone.
And right now, in the good times and bad, you are on your throne. You are God alone."

» Post a Comment