<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://draft.blogger.com/navbar/29218081?origin\x3dhttp://shellbell-ahora.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

ahora

attempting to slow down and take in a bit more of my life and what's going on around me
 

Pics from Guatemala

Most of the places we went this past trip we were not allowed to take pictures or, if we were, we are not allowed to post them online. So, that being said, here are a few glimpses of Guatemala. They don't tell the heart of the trip, but they are a part of our story there.

Traveling to Antigua...in this picture, we were actually traveling with another church from our area in Washington that happened to be in Guatemala the same time we were. We sat between 4-6 people across for about an hour long ride in a school bus. Comfy.

We did some work in prisons...put on a VBS for kids of the guys in the prisons...made some visits to these guys' homes to pray with and for their families.... Here are Joel and Shawn giving us a little wisdom before we began one of our VBS days.

The theme of the dramas: You Are God's Treasure.

I love my husband. I'm glad we were able to go there again together.

At Casita Benjamin (a different location where we put on a mini-VBS) - a sweet little boy, face paint and all, showing me a gift he received: a hand-carved car from an elderly gentleman from our congregation - made especially for these children.

We visited the city dump...heart-wrenching...makes me wonder why I was born in the US into a wonderful home with tons of resources at my disposal...and this is how 97% of the world lives.

Ezekiel 37:1-14


After a week of intenseness...we ended up here: Lake Atitlán in Panajachel. A beautiful area. The lake is surrounded by 3 volcanoes. We took a boat across to Santiago to do some shopping, but then we ended up at Eagle's Nest orphanage where we stayed the night (we met up with the other church again here). Some of us were able to meet and play with some of the children while we were there. Adoptions in Guatemala are currently closed so, in an orphanage where there are normally 50-70 kids, there were only 17. I spoke with a 9-year-old girl for a while. I could just see it in her eyes that she was longing for someone to take her home - to love her permanantly as one of their own - longing for people to stop coming by for a couple of days or weeks to "love on her" and actually have someone take her out of there to be a little girl and live the way little girls are supposed to live. I wish I could've taken her home with me....

Group shot.

Kent, Conor & Shawn. Boys will be boys. :)

Apparently white men can jump....


Kent, me and Gary - friend and translator. Kent and I met Gary two years ago. It was so good to see him again.

Last day in Guatemala - playing a game they made up (I don't remember the name...). They were amused for hours playing this game. :)

Place where we ate and had our morning & evening devotions.
I miss Guatemala. I continue to pray for my friends there and the amazing things they are doing. Thank you, Lord, for being the God who sees - for seeing Guatemala, for seeing us and for offering us hope.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment
 
   





© 2006 ahora | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly