Worship Renewal '05-'06
This week has been very busy and crazy in a lot of good ways. I took a final exam for one of my summer classes yesterday and started right up with another one today (May...May...May...just keep thinking of May...). Amidst all of that, I have been working as hospitality for what's called the Grants Colloquium through the CICW. Basically, I talked with a lot of cool people who received grants to work on some aspect of worship/ministry in their specific organizations (churches, colleges, etc).
The conversations I had were so eye-opening and encouraging. For one, it was amazing to see such an ecumenical gathering - meaning, there were a lot of people there from a large variety of Christian denomonations (Orthodox, Catholic, Anglican, Presbyterian, Lutheran, Baptist, Protestant, etc) that were coming together for one purpose: learning how to implement healthy change and "knit worship" into their congregations/organizations. At one of the final plenary sessions (which I was not there for due to class), I heard that a number of participants commented on how they had a much more profound view of the Body of Christ after attending this event. They were not here to argue with each other about doctrine, but to come together and learn from and share with each other their experiences.
The excitement and enthusiasm just flowed as they spoke and how they received information from others. A number of times, I even heard individuals ask for advice from the members at their lunch and dinner tables...I love it.
As I reflect on what happened these past few days (and I will continue to reflect for a while...to much to think about to put it all on page right now), I just have to say that I am proud to have been a small part of this whole event and am in awe of the amazing things that the Holy Spirit continues to do in our midst that could not be done without his power. 'Worship' is such a loaded term that, the more I learn, the bigger God becomes to me...and I love how people are gathering together to be educated and to educate about all different and necessary aspects of worship...to learn from and to share knowledge who will eventually go on and share what they have learned with more people. It just makes me giddy and happy inside to think about what the Holy Spirit will continue to do through the people who were at the conference this week.
Another bonus: I now have new friends from around the country and am a better person by having met, listened to, and talked with them.
The conversations I had were so eye-opening and encouraging. For one, it was amazing to see such an ecumenical gathering - meaning, there were a lot of people there from a large variety of Christian denomonations (Orthodox, Catholic, Anglican, Presbyterian, Lutheran, Baptist, Protestant, etc) that were coming together for one purpose: learning how to implement healthy change and "knit worship" into their congregations/organizations. At one of the final plenary sessions (which I was not there for due to class), I heard that a number of participants commented on how they had a much more profound view of the Body of Christ after attending this event. They were not here to argue with each other about doctrine, but to come together and learn from and share with each other their experiences.
The excitement and enthusiasm just flowed as they spoke and how they received information from others. A number of times, I even heard individuals ask for advice from the members at their lunch and dinner tables...I love it.
As I reflect on what happened these past few days (and I will continue to reflect for a while...to much to think about to put it all on page right now), I just have to say that I am proud to have been a small part of this whole event and am in awe of the amazing things that the Holy Spirit continues to do in our midst that could not be done without his power. 'Worship' is such a loaded term that, the more I learn, the bigger God becomes to me...and I love how people are gathering together to be educated and to educate about all different and necessary aspects of worship...to learn from and to share knowledge who will eventually go on and share what they have learned with more people. It just makes me giddy and happy inside to think about what the Holy Spirit will continue to do through the people who were at the conference this week.
Another bonus: I now have new friends from around the country and am a better person by having met, listened to, and talked with them.

» Post a Comment