Gettin' my hands dirty
So I picked a really good day to do yard work. You know, it's only, like...oh...98 degrees outside with a heat index of 106. Good job, Shell...but the couple I am house-sitting for is coming back this afternoon so I wanted the house to look as nice as possible inside and out.
I have to admit, though, it felt pretty good to get my hands dirty. I used to work in landscaping for 2 years and spent hours upon hours being dusty, muddy and sweaty all the while working on a sweet farmer's tan. While I don't miss working on days like this when you can't even think outside without breaking a sweat, I do miss having a job that allows me to be active in a number of ways. Talking with people about landscaping choices, unloading thousands of plants, restocking shelves, tagging trees, shrubs, and perennials, watering and checking the drip lines, weeding, trimming...it was a really good job. While I was outside on my hands and knees weeding a hosta bed and sweating away, I found myself wishing I had my old job back.
Jobs are strange. There are many people who work jobs they really don't like all for the sake of money. I understand that bills need to be paid and groceries need to be bought, but why does it seem so difficult to find a job that we truly love? Wouldn't the world be a better place if we all put our hearts into the work we do? I've never had a "real" job - I've had a number of jobs, but after I graduate from college, I will, for the first time, be looking for a REAL job. Part of me can't wait, but part of me is really nervous and has no idea what to expect. I don't even know if the degree I'm going for is the job I will end up having...
For now, though, I will take one day at a time. I will work hard my last semester of classes and then will get my hands "dirty" in another way when I start student teaching next spring. I trust that I am going in the right direction right now and if God has something else in mind, he'll make that known at the right time. Even though my current job isn't my ideal job, I thank God for it...I just look forward to honing my skills and, with the help of the Holy Spirit, becoming more certain of the work he has in store for me. I want to do my part to make the world a better place, and if that means me being in schools and helping kids succeed and find their own strengths, then I will do that with all my heart and with the strength that only God can provide.
I have to admit, though, it felt pretty good to get my hands dirty. I used to work in landscaping for 2 years and spent hours upon hours being dusty, muddy and sweaty all the while working on a sweet farmer's tan. While I don't miss working on days like this when you can't even think outside without breaking a sweat, I do miss having a job that allows me to be active in a number of ways. Talking with people about landscaping choices, unloading thousands of plants, restocking shelves, tagging trees, shrubs, and perennials, watering and checking the drip lines, weeding, trimming...it was a really good job. While I was outside on my hands and knees weeding a hosta bed and sweating away, I found myself wishing I had my old job back.
Jobs are strange. There are many people who work jobs they really don't like all for the sake of money. I understand that bills need to be paid and groceries need to be bought, but why does it seem so difficult to find a job that we truly love? Wouldn't the world be a better place if we all put our hearts into the work we do? I've never had a "real" job - I've had a number of jobs, but after I graduate from college, I will, for the first time, be looking for a REAL job. Part of me can't wait, but part of me is really nervous and has no idea what to expect. I don't even know if the degree I'm going for is the job I will end up having...
For now, though, I will take one day at a time. I will work hard my last semester of classes and then will get my hands "dirty" in another way when I start student teaching next spring. I trust that I am going in the right direction right now and if God has something else in mind, he'll make that known at the right time. Even though my current job isn't my ideal job, I thank God for it...I just look forward to honing my skills and, with the help of the Holy Spirit, becoming more certain of the work he has in store for me. I want to do my part to make the world a better place, and if that means me being in schools and helping kids succeed and find their own strengths, then I will do that with all my heart and with the strength that only God can provide.

I don't know what you're talking about! I'm totally in my job for the money!
Ministry pays the big bucks you know!
Who cares about personal fulfillment when you can drag in the large dollar! Ha Ha!
Just kidding!
Yeah, I'm headed to the pastorate for the bling...
Thus the reason for me dating you. Bling bling, baby.
And Sonny, I expect your big-bucks-making ministry to pay for my last year of college...just FYI. Thought you might like to know.
best regards, nice info doc martin tv Didrex no prescriptions Computer video cards pci slot conference calls http://www.jenna-jameson-0.info Play scrabble free online against the computer Free clinics for cancer patients in wisconsin Charleston sc vacation Vicodin and drug abuse plastic surgeons Direct email contact japanese businesses louis vuitton handbags http://www.free-fax-software.info Student loan debt consolidation plainfield new jersey11 How many ritalin overdose Bingo in san jose ca hot naked milfs
» Post a Comment