These are a few of my favorite things

Good friends. Good conversation. Good coffee.
Tonight I met up with one of my best friends from high school that I haven't sat down and chatted with in FOREVER. She is one of those friends that, since high school, I usually go months without seeing, but the moment we're together, we can pick up right where we left off. It's so refreshing to have that, you know? Life gets so busy and schedules fill up without your consent until you realize so much has happened in your own life that, chances are, some pretty big things have happened in other peoples' live that you haven't seen in a while. So you finally look up a number or email address and set up a time to meet and catch up.
The other day, I met up with another friend from college that I also have not sat down with in a while and walked away from that conversation completely overwhelmed by the blessing of true friends. I love the security and the freedom to be able to share the new and exciting things going on in my life as well as the things that frustrate or worry me. I love the honest words and encouragement I get from people who genuinely know me and genuinely care about me in all my fluctuating moods and in all stages of my development as a Christian and as a human being. I love the ability to cry freely and not feel like I'm less of a person for doing so. And I love being able to be that person for my friends.
Life brings many suprises, joys, hurts and frustrations with it...I can't imagine getting through those times without God's grace working through the amazing friends I have had along the way. Through them, I better understand the importance of living in Christian community. God is so good.
Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up the other...A threefold cord is not quickly broken.
~Ecclesiastes 4:9, 12, NRSV~

» Post a Comment