A little R&R

Aaahhh...relaxation...I love it!
For the 4th, my mom and I traveled up north a bit to my sister's inlaw's cottage. It was absolutely fantabulous to casually eat some cold sandwiches, sit outside under the sun, lay in a raft in the water under the sun, and to go jet-skiing in the water under the sun...the sun is my friend (although the sunburn I received is not!). There was no schedule my life was dependent upon...unlike now - I have my first of 3 education projects due tomorrow.
Nonetheless, despite a busy schedule, I am still free to go where I want, believe what I want, say what I want, and be around the people I want to be around. I am so thankful for the millions of soldiers that have fought to keep our freedom...I hope every American stopped to think about that this weekend. We are so blessed...

Let us not forget our troops who are currently in Iraq or those who just returned or are ready to go out. Let us not forget the families who have lost loved ones to the horrors of war. Let us not forget to pray for the protection of those who are fighting and for our national leaders as well as the leaders and people in Iraq - hopefully this war can end soon so our troops can come home and that no more innocent lives have to be taken in the stead of the few guilty.
Although I have very mixed feelings about this complex issue of the war, I have to say that I am humbled and thankful that there are people willing to do a job that most people would not be eager to do.
Hopefully this war can end as soon as possible...but in the meantime, let us not forget to honor our soldiers, their families, and their sacrifice.
Oh how I wish I had more time for that fun and sun. It's terrible how busy things can get that it is true...we forget about the important things in life. God is good! Sometimes it takes a little relaxation to kick us in the butt and remind us about how good we have it.
May you feel the ever power of peace...
Love, one sister to another.... :)
Guess who :)
» Post a Comment