A Religion Nerd's Initial Thoughts on Nehemiah 9
Ok, so I think I'm in the middle of my craziest semester yet in my
Within the last couple of years at Calvin, I have discovered some of the amazing truths within the Old Testament and have come to a greater understanding of how the OT and the NT are intricately related. When I was younger, I struggled with the idea of how it worked to have an Old Covenant and then a New Covenant - was the old one completely irrelevant because of the new one? If it was, would that mean that the OT wasn't necessary to know and learn? Either I wasn't taught this very well in high school or I didn't pay close enough attention in high school (it's probably a combination of the two). Because of this, I think I spent most of my time trying to learn about and understand the NT promises and Christian Doctrine (things that I thought related closest to my daily life and experiences), etc, and it hasn't been til the last few years that I have taken a new-found interest in and love for the Old Testament. I have learned so much but I have a long way to go! (but really, do we ever stop learning...???)
So Nehemiah...I never realized what a cool book this is (if you haven't read it yet, DO)!
Nehemiah 9 centers a lot on the gift of the Torah, God’s law, and the Israelites lack of obedience to it/God. In contrast to ch.1, when Nehemiah prays for forgiveness on behalf of the Israelites, ch.9 is the confession of all the people of
(I can just hear you all saying: “cough Nerd! cough”...and again, I'm ok with that. :)

» Post a Comment