Getting Acquainted

Welp, Kent and I both made it safely out West to our new home in Washington. We have been very busy the last few days moving in all of our stuff, unpacking it, washing it, putting it in its proper place, and starting to use it, too! We are very blessed with all the gifts we received from our wedding (thank you, everyone!) and are enjoying using these gifts to make our house into a home. We have been taking pictures along the way that I will try to post within the week.
I have also been busy getting ready for the school year (which starts for me this coming Monday and for the students the week after that)! There is so much preparation that needs to be done, which can be daunting at times, but, for the most part, I am excited to start the year, meet my students, and see how God uses this year in my life.
It was extremely hard for me to leave my family last week...but it is amazing how gracious God has been to me in my first week living away from them. God is good! A few days ago I prayed that God would give me little reminders every day leading up to the school year of why I am where I am, doing what I'm doing. Every day God has answered my prayers, encouraging me more and more and affirming Kent's and my decision to move out West for this job.
I have no doubts that this will be a challenging year in many ways: a new state, a new home, a new marriage, a new job...but I also have no doubts that it will be a year filled with many blessings along the way!

We miss you terribly, but know that God will bless you for following his lead! I pray that all goes well for you next week as you enter the wild world of teacher-hood.
I love you!
I miss you!
Did I mention, I love you!
:)
I love you, too!!! I miss you terribly, too...it's difficult for me to not see you more regularly and to KNOW that I can't see you even if I wanted to... :(
(hopefully) Christmas will be here before we know it!!! :)
I love you...miss you...!!
oh where oh where did thou art Shelly go? I miss the blog updates! Miss you already and praying things are going good.
» Post a Comment