<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/29218081?origin\x3dhttp://shellbell-ahora.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

ahora

attempting to slow down and take in a bit more of my life and what's going on around me
 

It's Almost Time

School starts this coming Tuesday - yes, in just 2 short days.

If you don't already know, I am starting my first job (out of college) as a high school teacher at a local Christian school. I will be teaching mostly juniors and seniors among three sections of Spanish II, two sections of Spanish III, and one section of Family Psychology (and no, I do not have any degree in Psychology...one of the results, I think, of teaching in a small Christian school :). Part of me feels honored because the principal chose me to teach that class because he thought I would do a good job with it (I hope I do!). But the other part of me is a little nervous because I am by no means an expert in the area of Psychology (I do have a lot of various family experiences - both good and painful - which have attributed to who I am today and, I know, will definitely help with the teaching of this class). I don't want to let him (or the students) down. All I can say is that I am working really hard to understand the curriculum for the class and to make it as much of an enriching experience as I can: personally, mentally and spiritually! And that goes for my Spanish classes, too - I am working and will continue to work diligently in these content areas so that my students will walk away with a bigger understanding of who God is, what his created world looks like, how to live in community with those around us - both like and unlike us, and so they will walk away with a better idea of who they are and who they want to be in this world as citizens and as people made in the image of God.

I ask for and covet your prayers for this school year, but for this week in particular. Pray:
- that I will be able to be an example of Christ to students, faculty and staff through my words, actions and curriculum
- that I will have the wisdom to choose appropriate curriculum materials, topics, assessment tools, etc and execute them creatively and effectively in my classroom
- for my students as they enter my classroom (and other classrooms, too!); that they may (hopefully!) be open-minded and ready/eager to learn
- for all new staff members, that we may find our "nitch" in the school community and will be able to support each other as well as the current staff
- for current staff, that they may be able to support the new staff and students in edifying ways
- for parents of the students, that they may fully support their children and their education this year and know how to talk and interact tactfully and constructively with the teachers and other staff if there are any concerns (and vice versa with the teachers being able to talk and interact tactfully and constructively with the parents)
-that this year will be God-glorifying and God-honoring

Thank you in advance for you love, concern and prayers.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck, you are in my prayers!    



» Post a Comment
 
   





© 2006 ahora | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly