Welcome to our house!
Sorry it's been a while since my last post...I've been busy with teacher prep stuff (meetings, etc). I've been wanting to post some pictures of our home for a while but haven't had the time I needed to do so. So, without further ado, here's our current (but not permanent) residence:
BEFORE (moving in, getting settled...):
BEFORE (moving in, getting settled...):
Our kitchen table that was, before this picture, completely covered with newly cleaned dishes, pots and pans.
Our side room with lots of boxes.
The kitchen...almost.
My wonderful husband helping take the tags off of our new dish towels. You can tell by the smile on his face that he his thrilled to be doing so. :)
The happy couple. :)
Our master bathroom...AFTER
The ceiling (the view from the living room)
A random spider that decided to eat this bug in the corner of our bedroom. Not long after this picture was taken, its life was swiftly terminated.
Front view
Back view
Our office (still in the making)
Half bath to the left of our office (when you walk out the door)
Master walk-in closet (and yes...those are all my clothes...Kent wanted the other closet in the hallway)
Our bedroom
Our bathroom...cleaned and organized :)
Stairs leading to the upstairs
Office door on the left, half bath in the middle, door to our bedroom on the right (stairway is to the right of our bedroom)
Laundry room (door leads to garage)

View of our fridge and coffee-making counter (the place you will often find Kent every morning) :)
Our side room (no boxes!)
Our livingroom
View of our living room from our stairs
Our sunroom...and our lovely blue lawn chairs :)
Upstairs...where we sit when we watch movies
Opposite view of the room...stairs are straight ahead
Upstairs bathroom
Upstairs spare bedroom
Stairs leading to downstairsAll of that, and that's our house in a nutshell. It's a lot of house - way more than we need. Kent and I are still trying to process what we learned from Guatemala...trying to think about how we can be good stewards with what God has given us...so living here is wonderful, but so much more than what we need. We are amazingly blessed beyond comprehension.
We hope that family and friends will come out to visit us - we have plenty of room!!! :)

wow, that is a lot of space! I'm thinking of going to a conference in Seattle this spring - maybe we can meet up?
hey shelly!! that house is amazing! and you have decorated it nicely. i'm going out to visit my sister sometime next summer for a week or two...maybe i can come see you for a weekend? that would be awesome! love you!
Cool place! Holy pictures, Batman! You must have been uploading them forever!
Anyway, glad you have a place to call "home". Miss you!
Bethany - if you're out here, definitely get a hold of Kent or I...we'd love to meet up!
Katie - yes, this house is amazing! Again, way more than what we need (especially after having been in Guatemala...)..but if you are out this way sometime, I'd love for you to visit! That WOULD be awesome! :) Let me know...
Sonny - I actually had more pictures on here, but Kent thought I had too many (and yes, it DID take forever to upload!)...and I now agree with Kent. It would have been too many pictures.
I miss you, too! Hope you and the fam can come out sometime!
Wonderful, amazing, spectacular house! LOL :) Looks nice and it looks like you guys are settling in....glad to see there is a room for me when I decide I want to stay for a random few months. LOL :)
WOW! What a place!! Makes our one-bedroom apartment look teeny-tiny :) You said it's not permanent? Are you renting? When do you plan to change residences?
Glad your first week of teaching went well!!!
-Becky
» Post a Comment