<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/29218081?origin\x3dhttp://shellbell-ahora.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

ahora

attempting to slow down and take in a bit more of my life and what's going on around me
 

Update

Things continue to go well over here in WA. I am still loving my job and am reassured that this is the right profession for me. I enjoy getting to know my students more little by little and enjoy finding out new ways to present curriculum to them. Of course, the challenges come right alongside the joys and I am doing my best to figure out how to handle various situations in my classroom. I pray for wisdom and discernment. I truly desire to show my students that I care about them as individuals...but at the same time, I want them to know where I stand in terms of expectations and consequences - the constant joy and struggle of teachers!

As for living away from home - it is still difficult for me...especially on the weekends. It is then that I become just that much more aware of the fact that I don't know very many people here and that my immediate family - with whom I am very close - is thousands of miles away from me.

Tomorrow, however, Kent and I will be going to Seattle with a couple cousins and some of their friends. I am very much looking forward to this as it will be an opportunity to get out of the small community where we live and hang out with and get to know some people our age. I pray that this is a fun (and safe) trip and that this can be the beginning of Kent and I finding a community to be a part of....
Tonight, Kent and I are going to the high school football game...and it's raining (Welcome to Washington). I guess the rainy season is starting a little early. :( Hopefully it's not to miserable for the players or for those watching!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 4:51 PM, Blogger Sonny Huisman said...

As always, we're praying for you as you figure out your first year of teaching. We're praying for wisdom, discernment, compassion, empathy and that your heart for kids and for the Lord will come through full force.

We miss you terribly back home too, and are praying that you find a wonderful circle of friends in WA.

Have fun at the football game! Go LYNX!!!!

I hope they beat those Nooksack hoodlums!    



At 3:17 PM, Blogger SeƱora (Becky) Searls said...

You're so good! I need to get to a football game here soon-the entire community of my school district attends :D    



At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

missing you.....

praying that you will adjust to the changes.

love you bunches    



At 5:31 PM, Blogger shellbell said...

It's sad...I actually didn't end up going b/c I got sick that night (the cold I had got a lot worse) and I didn't think that hanging out outside with dreary, cold, rainy weather would be the best choice...

They didn't end up winning. :(

Oh, and by the way, 'lynx' is spelled with a 'c' for Christian school. :)

I miss you, too! Can't wait to see you for Christmas!!!    



» Post a Comment
 
   





© 2006 ahora | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly